Friday, June 6, 2008

Long time no blog!


I apologize for the long over due blog! My life has been a bit crazy. A little insight on recent events that have had me so busy!

- Wedding planning. Oh, my gosh! I never thought that planning a wedding would be so time consuming and tiring! My fiance and I have set the date for October 25, 2008 - and have started the long process of deposits to vendors and setting things up for that date.

- My Nissan Sentra was totaled. Among my very busy schedule, I have unfortunately had the added stress of being temporarily carless. My brother in law was driving my Nissan on Mother's day weekend to see his mother in NJ, and hit a deer. The impact was so forceful, that the entire front end of my car was destroyed along with the computer, and all the wiring. Alas, things are starting to work themselves out, and I am in the process of buying a Jeep Wrangler for cash. This works out in a positive sense, no more loan to pay off!

- Complete store over haul. Photographing, posting, revising, retaking photos, reposting, revising... it is such a long process! I think I have finally figured out how to work my camera, and have a nice set up that allows for very attractive photos.

- New lines of jewelry and an introduction into my decorative painting works. My fiance has established a nice line of jewelry with guitar picks, while I have been making pretties with glass bubble beads, and cha cha bracelets.

Photobucket

My new line of bracelets have been especially fun to make. The color combinations are virtually endless. Plus, they are really relaxing to make. So many of my friends have exclaimed "How in the world did you make that! It looks so complicated!" when infact, it is so simple. Shh, don't tell! :)

As for my hand painted deco art bags - those are especially inspiring for me. I have been painting for as long as I can remember, and while jewelry design my be my most favored passion, I can't deny my painters roots. These mysterious tree paintings have been stuck in my head for months, and I'm not sure why this image came to me. But, it is all I've been able to paint as of late. I believe that my next painted project will be painted Raven's on tote bags. We'll see what happens!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, without further ado, here are some recent photos for your enjoyment! Please do stop by my shop to check out the new pieces we have listed. All proceeds are currently going to the Rainbow Bridge Rabbit Rescue fund which will help in the support and cost of spaying and neutering rescued rabbits in the NEPA region. http://www.AngelHeartBeads.etsy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sara said...

tee hee is that a donut bracelet? I'm glad you're up and blogging again!

Rosebud Collection said...

You have been busy and everything is just beautiful..Sometimes, it is hard to keep up on the blog, when so many things are going on in your life..And may I say, you have had many things going on..

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Your things are so pretty and the photography really shows them off so well!