Sunday, November 2, 2008

Have returned from my wedding / Honeymoon!

Well, the wedding was positively fantastic. It went a thousand times better then I had anticipated. I'm officially Mrs. Armstrong and I couldn't be happier. People really weren't kidding when they said the day would go by in a blur. I just remember feeling so incredibly relieved that the stress was finally over, that we're now married, and I can breathe again! 

The dress was beautiful. A lovely lady on Etsy made me a bell sleeved bolero to go with my dress:  ( http://www.clkeerins.etsy.com ) 


My mom had made the floral arrangements for myself, my bridesmaids, and for the ceremony. Those came out beautiful as well. The bird cage center pieces were beautiful with tiny white lights, they just made the table twinkle and sparkle. Once my photographer sends me the proofs I will be able to post pictures of the ceremony. 

My mom did my hair that morning in hot curlers, and I used her head piece from when she got married in 1979. The veil was a cathedral train and the head piece was a wide band with tiny white flowers. I added my own touch with a crown that fit well under the band. 

Lets not forget the beautiful sparkle that the earrings that www.kerrihale.etsy.com made for me, added such a wonderful touch to my dress, hair, and bolero. 



I must say that my photographer Rich Alborn was amazing, funny, personable, and reliable. He drive out to PA all the way from New Jersey to join in my special day. He is highly recommended and does a wonderful job. His site is here:    http://www.heirloombridal.com/

So, the day went off without a hitch! I was happy with most everything - but must say - glad it's over! I never imagined getting married would be so much stress. 

Upon our three tiered cake sat our lovely custom made by www.cbarjcrafts.etsy.com bunny cake topper. The cake was beautiful, and the bunnies truly added a personal touch:



After the honey moon we stayed at a BEAUTIFUL bed and breakfast in Wilkes-Barre, PA - The Sign of the Rose b&b. www.signoftherose.com  The room we stayed in was the blue velvet room. Gorgeous, comfortable, and so completely what we needed after so much stress. The bed is to die for comfortable - and lets not even forget to give props to the two person walk in shower! Vesta and Terry are great people, and so welcoming. The next morning they cooked us a fabulous breakfast of pancakes with banana's foster, tea, coffee, and sausage. $85.00 a night for this wonderful charming place. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get away for a weekend!

   The Blue Velvet room. 


So, while away on our honeymoon to Salem, MA - we visited the Salem village, and took many tours. While I'm really glad for the experience I must admit, I was slightly disappointed with how commercialized it had become, and hardly any of the buildings remained in original condition - and NONE of the buildings were you allowed to go in. Pretty much it was all just spooky fun houses and really bad food. lol But, aside from that, we did take a candle lit tour at night thru the town - the person leading the tour I felt did a crappy job but we did manage to catch orbs on camera in the grave yard. That was really the highlight of the trip. I'm happy I went but I don't think I'd ever really go again. 

Salem Witch Museum  Salem's most visited museum.

After our trip to Massachusetts - I came home to a surprise. In my email was a letter waiting from Bead Trends magazine - our Tropical Puzzle Piece necklace has been accepted for publication in their April 2009 edition! I will be mailing out the piece this week for them to photograph. I am near speechless on this great honor. I will definitely keep everyone posted on what all happens after they receive my piece! 


1 comment:

Kim Caro said...

congrats on your wedding :)